Accies v MortEn

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v MortEn

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:47 pm

Well this will be interesting. I picked this up from a P and B discussion about Imries’ impact.

It's still early days but the list of facts on the league form already is quite staggering:
Won more points in 6 games than we had in 18 before he arrived
More wins in 6 games than MacPherson managed in 24
Immediately taken the club on the best run of form in 5 years having taken over while sitting bottom of the league
The best start of any Morton manager in 20 years

So at the moment Dougie is walking on water as far as Morton fan’s are concerned. However he might in the stand for this one as his betting discipline hearing is this Friday. We should be looking for something from this game. Even a point would be good up against an in form Morton.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v MortEn

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:08 pm

Suspect Dougie will have them very motivated for this one as he has more than one point to prove against Hamilton, given his dismissal 'due to cost savings'.

Accies need to be VERY focussed on this game, which, sadly, I miss, due to a pre-booked week-end away. Fingers crossed three points for us.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Good luck to Dougie in his managerial career,off to a great start but management is a long winding road with many downs as well as ups.Wouldn't imagine he's trying to prove anything against us although i'm sure he'll be delighted with another 3 points for his new employers.I'll wait 6 or 12 months before getting too giddy to see how his career progresses but hopefully it'll go well and he'll do well with Morton.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:33 pm

Having watched some of their games,folk are bigging them up as better than what they are.Yes,impressive results but I don't think they are better man for man than us.

If we didn't have duds up front,we would be in the Play Off positions and would easily have beaten them twice already.

The fact we have allowed the likes of Morton,Ayr and Dunfermline to be anywhere near us is because of the refusal of our Owners/Management to purchase much needed extra firepower.

Remember,If they did so last winter(and not just Bruce Anderson), we wouldn't even be in this League.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:39 pm

Spot on YeOldeHamiltonian.
Nailed it
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Beardy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:14 pm

Happy with the result today, most of the players were decent (for accies) . Happy with the new lad Lawson , made some good passes, played some good football but made a few errors - all to be expected. Mimnaugh isn't suited to the position he's getting played in , he's not big or strong enough for it, think i'd rather see him out on the wing to see if his build is better suited to speed. Good strike from Spence, who was smart enough to hang about outside the box and was in the perfect spot to pick up a fluffed clearance. Morton never really looked like scoring but it was still nervy for the last 20 minutes.
Under Taylor we are certainly better at hanging on to the ball, passing it across the back, which I reckon is better than the canning era hoofball , BUT we really need a decent striker.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:29 pm

Thought it was going to be the same old story, play fairly well, go ahead and lose a goal late on. Fortunately for once we saw it out rather well. We're not good enough to dominate so obviously they were going to have their spells but we defended resolutely. All the defence played well but special mention to the shift Moyo put in. Doing the unglamourous stuff well ( Shame he can't hit a barn door really!)

Best were Popescu, O'Reilly and Kennedy. Spence did well and it was a great finish. Mullin and Mimnaugh the weak links for me. Reagan did some nice stuff to be fair but could also have cost us with daft passes. Though Lawson looked the part, good control, intelligent play. No reflection on Jamie but I'd like to see him get a run in the team.

Crowd 1,360. No mention of the home and away split but I reckon they had around 380-420.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:13 pm

A very welcome 3 points. With Ayr winning and Queens taking a point of Arbroath a loss to Morton I think would have seen us drop another place at the bottom and the gap between the bottom 3 narrowing. Apart from the 3 points other positives included Lawson getting game time and Spences’ well taken goal. However too many inconsistencies in our performances. Mullen and Macdonald are 2 examples for me and while Moyo can certainly rumble up the opposition he seems to be unable to put a ball in the back of the net. Que sera. I’m not holding my breathe for a play off place at the top.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Did not see the game but according to folks on Pie and Bovril it was a dreadful game with the commentary even worse. But hey ho 3 points. If we had not lost stupid points late on in games we would be up there challenging for 4th place. As things stand with Queens getting a new manager as well, could still be squeaky bum time, although I think Queens are toast.

We need to win at least 4 more games to be safe which should be do able, with 10 games to go for us
smc4761
Premiership

Postby FergiesBawls » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:31 am

You don't get commentary on the match. You get 2 blokes talking about anything but the match. When the ball goes into the corners, the viewer and the commentators don't know what's happening because the corners are blocked off to the camera. The commentators are reporting from indoors. I assume because outdoors the microphones only seem to interact with the wind and not with voices.
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:44 pm

Maybe just me, but I didn't find it dreadful at all. Compelling, frustrating, occasionally exciting (mainly Kai Kennedy!) Decent second tier fare. I'm not sure what some are expecting, we rarely see classics.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:57 pm

Thought 1st half was awful. 2nd was better but not great by any means but a deserved win. Sneak a win on Friday and we are 5 pts off the play offs !
Gav
Championship

Return to The Accies