Oh My Cron! And PPV?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Oh My Cron! And PPV?

Postby EarnockAccie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:30 pm

If, as seems likely, we end up back in a situation where access to football grounds is restricted, will Accies season ticket holders get free access to a PPV feed for home games?
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Re: Oh My Cron! And PPV?

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 pm

really doubt it EarnockAccie - when the doors closed for the 1st lockdown the club stated that season ticket holders would have to apply for a refund for the remaining games - they did not go on to say how/where/when to apply. I cant see it closing again, it's outdoors where the risk of transmission is very low, plus theres little financial support coming across this time.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:23 pm

Three weeks with maximum 500 crowds. Not sure if it's worth opening up for 500 season ticket holders as they'd need to pay for stewards, etc. Seems mad that you can have 500 in a small space like Cliftonhill but not 10,000 spaced well apart at Ibrox or Parkhead.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:26 pm

If the game goes ahead then not sure how they decide which season ticket holders get selected? I assume the 500 figure includes officials and the press etc. so won’t be necessarily 500 fans. Do you have to go down to the ground get a voucher and when their done that’s it. I’ll probably not bother going and I’m certainly not going to pay to watch home games when I’ve paid my season ticket. I think I’m correct in saying that Well fans who bought a season ticket for last season got free access to ppv of home league games. Wait and see.

Update from the club

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/1473346168981753864
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Season ticket holders only. No extra requirements just turn up and present ur S/T. This implies that allowing for directors, the press and officials we must be lucky to have 450 s/t holders and that will be adults and concessions.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/supporter-update/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Understood S/T's to be around the 400 mark, at best. Hopefully, this government crowd restriction action will eliminate those wads of freebies being handed out at the Main Stand, and restrict entry to genuine S/T holders. Otherwise it's tough on the faithful PATG supporter.

And does it mean NO travelling Killy support at all?

A nightmare to organise, and with Accies usual apparent lack of organisation in most things, it could be a complete shambles. Hopefully sorted by Jags game.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:20 pm

According top the club statement Porcupine all of the freebies distributed are no longer valid, refunds for away tickets are being processed and it will only be season ticket holders allowed through the gates
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:16 pm

I see Dunfermline have opted to play their next 2 home games behind closed doors. S/t holders to get free tv access.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:29 am

This would have been our best crowd(bar Old Firm games)for years:the 2 for 1 deal,lapsed fans,folk off on holiday and a big away support now Tommy Wright has gone.

The poundshop dictator has done a number on football fans yet again...meanwhile more than 500 can go to The Palace indoors the same night.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:06 am

Daft argument, that’s just a matter of timing. Stay safe good people.
I’m led to believe that if restrictions are to tightened in the 3 weeks PPV will be made available free to ST holders.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:25 am

The rest of us will attend...the bedwetters can hide away and not attend in case they catch this mild variant.

Such a shame as I have spoken to plenty folk who were "coming back to the fold" for this game but now will not be able to do so.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies