ICT v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

ICT v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:12 pm

Scotty Martin is definitely out and by the sound of it he could be out for some time again. Hughes back in :oops: the Flying Finn to keep his place in midfield. There not a lot different Stan can do with that lot. Inverness are on a rich vein of form as they say and realistically are the clear favourites. Much as I enjoy a trip Inverness, the thought of a 3 hour plus bus/train trip masked up is enough to put me off so it’s Ppv at £15 for this one.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: ICT v Accies

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:23 pm

As our away support at Ayr last Friday looke to be no more than 50, I can't imagine there will be any more, if that, at this one.

It's a long road back if results don't go our way on Saturday.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Hughes is simply not good enough , he's had his chances and the Flying Finn needs a run in the team , that's if he's not injured. Not sure how many games he'll get in before he's suspended in any case , guaranteed booking every time he walks on the park.

I would consider playing Hamilton in front of the back 4 and bring in Sheils at right back,

Not heard anything about Mathieson has he returned down south?

I hope this game does not turn into midfield battle as that is one where we are ill equipped.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:21 pm

David Templeton 9/1 with Bet365 to open the scoring. Mmm, tempting...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:27 pm

David Templeton 9/1 with Bet365 to open the scoring. Mmm, tempting...

If only SC if only. Incidentally I watched the goal highlights of the 6 - 1 Morton defeat by ICT. Taking nothing away from Inverness , Morton’s defence was absolutely awful. Even we aren’t that bad.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:53 pm

[quote=] Morton’s defence was absolutely awful. Even we aren’t that bad.[/quote]

Taylor : "hold my beer"
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Tremendous result , absolutely delighted for Andy Winter
Last edited by Beardy on Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:20 pm

6 points taken from the League leaders so far this season?? You couldnae make it up other than it's a classic Accies story. Too late goals after going behind late on. Moyo finally hitting the start button, with two up front which we've been crying out for?

Very good three points, team & manager. Well done!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:29 pm

A totally unexpected but very welcome 3 points which keeps us top of our mini league and opens up space on Ayr and Morton. I thought we more than matched ICT in the first half with attempts from Moyo, Munro and Ryan. Second half ICT came out with intent had most of the pressure leading upto their goal and I thought here we go as usual. But no Moyos well headed goal gave us confidence and well done Andy Winter in securing our second. Haven’t seen it yet as most of the second half the picture kept freezing so all I saw was the celebrations with the fans. Scenes. :D So roll on Killie on Boxing Day.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:48 pm

I have been a big critic of the team and I really did fancy us to go straight down to seaside leagues. But fair do's well done to the team and Stan, praise where it is due

Wonder how much of an influence John Rankin is having with the players. Onwards and upwards to get into the top group ??
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:16 pm

smc4761 wrote:I have been a big critic of the team and I really did fancy us to go straight down to seaside leagues. But fair do's well done to the team and Stan, praise where it is due

Wonder how much of an influence John Rankin is having with the players. Onwards and upwards to get into the top group ??

Me too and to be fair, with good reason. Not safe yet of course but that's five wins now with Morton and Dunfermline still stuck on two. Maybe we should play two up more often. Great to see Andy Winter (note the spelling!) return with a goal. I really don't want to contribute another penny to McGowan but it'll be hard to stay away on Boxing Day, unless that decision is taken out of our hands.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:32 pm

Andy Winter (note the spelling!)

I knew it wasn’t me SC cos I carefully checked the spelling before I posted :lol: And don’t let Mcgoofey dictate ur presence at games.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:02 pm

Pleasantly surprised…I should know better after 40+ years following Accies ;)
Feeling more confident that we will be in the Championship next season and looking forward to getting back to a game in 2022.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Red_Adair » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:37 am

A win AND a match report on the website. Accies truly are giving us early Christmas presents.
What a change since Rankin came in to Stan's management team.
Good to see the team playing for a win at 1-1 rather than trying to hold on for the draw.

Beat the rudderless Blue and White army on Boxing Day and it brings the gap between 5th and 6th down to 6 points.
Red_Adair
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:32 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Highlights here

https://youtu.be/GcpuSrbqesA

Accies Twitter called Moyo's goal "a drive" so I got completely the wrong impression of it. And good to see someone actually making a run for a corner for once. Good delivery from Mullin too.

Also, Mimew!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby ggr » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:58 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: Haven’t seen it yet as most of the second half the picture kept freezing so all I saw was the celebrations with the fans. Scenes. :D So roll on Killie on Boxing Day.

So it wasn't just me, then.
I asked the guy in the ICTV support chat, and he said I was the only one that had complained of the steam going down, so I assumed it was something at my end.
Missed both of our goals. Clubs should not be allowed to charge premium prices for shoddy, amateur services.
ggr
Pub League

Return to The Accies