Accies v Pars

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Pars

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:46 pm

It’s possible that a defeat for Accies and results to go against us elsewhere, we could be bottom by 5o’clock on Saturday. Morton are at home to Ayr and QotS have Partick. It’s so tight between the bottom 5 a win could see us in 7th. Best I’m expecting from us is a draw but another defeat seems likely.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Pars

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:24 pm

Beat and bottom of the league on Saturday , we're definitely on our way down.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:21 pm

BBC Scotland have a piece on their website assessing the Championship to date. Copied this bit about Accies and the Pars.

“At the other end of table, Hamilton Academical are in danger of successive relegations after a plunge in fortunes.

Head coach Brian Rice was jettisoned two games into the league campaign, with Hamilton's seven-year top-flight stay having ended last term. And new boss Stuart Taylor has been unable to spark an upturn, collecting just two wins in 13 games and none in the last four.

Eighth-top Accies are just a point off the bottom and humiliation was heaped upon them last weekend with a Scottish Cup third-round defeat by sixth-tier Auchinleck Talbot.

Hamilton face another surprisingly struggling side on Saturday when they host Dunfermline. The Fifers took 14 games to notch a victory but then made it two in a row in as John Hughes savoured a winning start after replacing Peter Grant.

The congested nature of the bottom half means Dunfermline have risen from bottom to sixth. With 21 games still to play, could they bridge the 14-point chasm and break into the top five?”
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:31 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:BBC Scotland have a piece on their website assessing the Championship to date. Copied this bit about Accies and the Pars.

“Eighth-top Accies are just a point off the bottom and humiliation was heaped upon them last weekend with a Scottish Cup third-round defeat by sixth-tier Auchinleck Talbot.

Hahahaha, eighth top!!!! Nothing like a positive spin on things.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:29 pm

Well well a win and we are now 6th and 3 points clear of the bottom 3. Play offs here we come :D
While we are still not great the Pars are even worse. We were much better in the second half and created quite a few opportunities but again no one to finish and even at one up and playing 10 men I was still relieved to here the final whistle. We played Hamilton at right back and that seemed to work and Matheson wasn’t even on the bench so perhaps he’s away back down south? Hughes wasn’t on the bench either not sure if he got injured but maybe Stan has had enough. We can live in hope. Rankin was in the dug out and I’m pleased to announce le clipboard has disappeared. A home crowd of of 771. Whatever there was no sign the extra tickets paid off. Maybe for Boxing Day after this result. Nice to come home on the back of a win.

Match report here:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... s-25616487
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Deserved to win today. Definitely progress from the last few weeks and solid for the most part. Scott Martin’s return has certainly helped provide a bit of steel in the midfield.
Still lots of aimless sideways and backwards passing and little cutting edge, but I’ll take that.
Taylor has a long way to go to redeem himself from his shocking start, but that was a step forward and no ridiculous time wasting tactics like Morton away. I hope he goes on to prove many of us wrong.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:32 pm

A Pars fan on P&B posted a picture of our crowd which they said was five minutes before kick-off. It looked about 200 and I counted 28 down below. There would obviously have been more coming in but it seems unlikely that we exceeded 400 actual Accies fans.

I stayed away as there was no way I was giving them £20 after last week. Glad we won of course, can we make it two in a row at Somerset on Friday? We need to redeem ourselves live on TV after the last time.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:27 pm

I would have given you a freebie Stevie Clarke as I couldn't give them away for love nor money...ditto plenty others.

We made hard work of this and if we had confidence, we would have won that by 2 or 3 but a badly needed win is what it is and well done.

Last 20 minutes, the 10 man Pars were launching high balls and they could have had more sending offs as there was elbows,tugs,dirty play the lot.

Fcuk them.They deserve everything They got with those alehouse tactics.

However,the banning of fans leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:01 pm

Had to scroll UP the BBC Championship table tonight to find us. 6th?? SIXTH :o :o :o
Surely, we can build on todays good performance from all the players, despite all this aimless passing back & forth accross the park. Must be the manager's tactics.

The Pars look a poor team, and we should have really punished them after Dorran's dismissal on 61 minutes. Enough chances created, but still no incisive striker.

Now why was Chukky not put on to link up with Moyo at 61 minutes? Injured, even though on the bench? Seemed too obvious to me, but what do I know?

Great three points and a confidence builder to go to Somerset next Friday and take home another three points.

Challenging for the play-offs, TT? Nah, some considerable improvement required before we get these thoughts in our mind. :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 am

I thought he meant the relegation playoffs until I read your post porcupine :(
Euan
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Thank god for penalties as we never looked like scoring , neither did the pars for that matter.
Trying to be positive - accies style of play since the canning era in my opinion is better to watch with much more passing and much less hoofball.
The team that were out on Saturday look like they know what they want to do but the quality isnt there yet to make it happen. Passes behind players, not getting the head up to see the runner until the moment has passed, reluctance to shoot at goal. To use an analogy, they are like an old radio that isnt quite tuned in correctly, they just need a wee tweek here or there, a few key players added and they will be on song (for accies).
The win was marred for me when I heard about the ban handed out to some fans for peacefully protesting. Dont know they guys involved personally but it's a shit state of affairs and shows tremendous insecurity and total tone-deafness by the club
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm

Euan wrote:I thought he meant the relegation playoffs until I read your post porcupine :(

Me too!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies