Colin McGowan - Get Out Of Our Club

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Colin McGowan - Get Out Of Our Club

Postby EarnockAccie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Too right. We have to start somewhere.
And we have to begin before it is too late.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:39 am

I was watching the EFL highlights on Quest last night. I noticed Oldham fans had a banner "Get Out Of Our Club". They have a long running campaign against their owner which has seen them disrupt games by throwing tennis balls onto the pitch. We will be live on the BBC at Ayr next month. This would be the perfect opportunity to get some banners visible and maybe some other kind of protest. Thoughts? I was going to give this one a miss but I'd go if there was going to be a good turnout and some protest.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:17 pm

A summary of the Oldham situation here

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16323723 ... dary-park/

Mcgoofey has another Sun exclusive piece but I couldn’t be bothered copying the link as it’s just another flight of imagination. A repeat of the previous in that whoever buys the club has to adhere to his charity model, the youth academy model and must even play the academy graduates. So let me get this straight I buy Accies along with the £1.2m debt and you tell me how to run the business. I’m more and more coming to the view that the club isn’t for sale. I noticed Tom English did an in-depth piece on the recent Celtic Agm which examined amongst other issues fan relationships. We need a serious journalist to ask serious questions :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Can I ask a stupid question? Has the mortgage on the stadium been paid off? I thought it had but a friend said it hadn't and they were adamant.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Not a stupid question SC the type of question more fans need to be asking. The stadium company accounts for year ending June 20 show a bank loan of £2,097,021 outstanding. This is I believe the mortgage. The annual repayment of which is shown as £277,093. That’s where the chickens have come home to roost. The rental money p.a. from the Council was approx £400,000 plus 100k rates. Currently I suspect the stadium is making a loss hence the bingo bongo nights etc.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Interview with Imrie which seems to consist of a defence of Mcgoofey and contains the usual false claims e.g. when the million pounds went it was these 2 guys (Colin and Ronnie) that stepped in and saved the club. As I recall straight from Ronnies’ mouth at a fans forum he put 200k back into the account to ensure financial stability not Mcgoofey. Then Ronnie engineered the fire sale of Docherty for 600k. Meanwhile the role of the so called CEO in overseeing a bank account that required only one authorised signatory is never mentioned. A sacking offence in any other organisation. No mention that it was Ronnie that saved the club by buying it for a £1 and clearing the millions of pounds of debt. But wait a minute it’s The sponsorship money that Mcgoofey brings in that saves us. What sponsorship money . He gave away the naming rights to the stadium in exchange for Foys renting office space. That’s the only money I can see Foys handing over. No promised media centre, no new tv gantry and no clinic employing 20 people. The naming rights should have been a completely seperate deal and revenue stream. Bottom line, this man is asset stripping the clubs’ stadium, paying himself 6 figures, hiding behind a shield of ‘charity’.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-25646914
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Meanwhile,we now have Sked Construction sponsoring our youth set up(see official page).

This was the Company remember where The Owner challenged Accies fans to a fight at a home Sunday game versus Rangers and was ejected(to save him from a kicking) by cops.

At a Fans Forum not long after,Ronnie McDonald stated this Company would no longer have anything to do with the Club and all advertising would be removed...it never was removed.

Brass neck and monkey comes to mind here.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:15 am

Sked Construction’s accounts show them to be a profitable company over many years with more than sufficient funds to allow them to be sponsors of anything they wish to put some cash into.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:56 am

So,a Company run by an Old Firm bigot who challenged plenty Accies fans to a "square go"that day is the right kind of organisation and individual to be associated in any way with our club?

Gotcha,Accies supporters matter not a jot and cash from the likes of this Company matters more.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:33 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:So,a Company run by an Old Firm bigot who challenged plenty Accies fans to a "square go"that day is the right kind of organisation and individual to be associated in any way with our club?

Gotcha,Accies supporters matter not a jot and cash from the likes of this Company matters more.

Let me re-word that, YOH.

Incoming cash flow from any source to a struggling business will often cloud sound judgement calls from those in charge.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:05 pm

The words “Sound judgement calls” are not ones I would associate with our CEO, Porcupine ;)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:43 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:The words “Sound judgement calls” are not ones I would associate with our CEO, Porcupine ;)

You may indeed say that,TT. I couldn't possibly comment :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby EarnockAccie » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:13 am

Desperate stuff from McGowan tonight. Obviously in trouble.
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:39 pm

From this comment and other social media, I understand the Supporters association met with the Board last night including Mcgoofey. Good on ASA but I’m not hearing anything concrete yet to suggest anything has changed. Same message from Mcgoofey it’s his efforts that’s keeping the ship afloat. The Board apparently confirmed he sets the budget etc. etc. This man has been involved in running a football club since 1999 when he got his hands on Raith Rovers. By word and deed for over 20 years he has shown himself to be a ‘poor’ businessman and that’s a ‘charitable’ description. I’ll be interested to here what the party line is on the sale of the club if it was ever for sale. One thing is for sure the man is going nowhere.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:02 pm

EarnockAccie wrote:Desperate stuff from McGowan tonight. Obviously in trouble.

To what does this relate EA?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:17 pm

I attended last night, nothing to do with ASA (which I know little about), but because I had emailed Les Gray about my own concerns and he phoned me back and invited me along.

What I took out of the meeting is that it is unlikely that much will change regarding the stadium company, but it is possible or likely that the football club will be sold or at least attract new “investors”

I’m still a little unsure about what that will mean in practice as Allan & Les made it clear that if possible they would hope to maintain their involvement with the club and both restated their commitment to the club.

I personally hope they do not leave as they have been a vital part of the stability of the club over the last 17 or 18 years. They also stated that they believe that they can take us back to the top league, but it might takes 3 years or so to get back.

I’m not sure if my desire for Les & Allan to stay on board is at odds with others on here, but I would have real concerns if they left as I believe they are decent people who genuinely care about the football club. Football in the UK is littered with tales of snake oil salesmen who promise fans the earth and leave a trail of devastation behind them.

It is obvious listening to Colin McGowan that his “passion” is not the football club, but his charitable causes. Whether that is good or bad is open to debate. He argues that without his causes we would not attract the funding for the football club from his sponsors. I don’t know enough to argue or otherwise with this claim, but it was apparent that there are no plans to change this ethos. I personally would prefer a CE whose main passion is the football, but he argues that the opposite is actually a strength.

I also believe that Allan Maitland is sincere and wants to build bridges and rapport with supporters. Recent examples of people being banned was raised and Allan is going to look into a couple of cases.

My own view is probably at odds with others on here as I have no issue with bans in extreme cases, and I have witnessed several incidents where fans have crossed the line. I also know fans who no longer attend away games with families due to the ongoing behaviour of a small number of individuals. I’m not talking about bad language, but individuals screaming abuse, and regardless of what you think of him, shouting things like “McGowan Die” which I have heard personally, is never acceptable.

For me last night was helpful in understanding where various parties are coming from, and I’m sure there will be posters on here who will disagree with my views.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks Dr Slippy for taking the time to give an update. For me I don’t see any significant change in what we have been told to date. The club is up for sale and any new owner won’t be getting the stadium while at the same time be expected to run the club the way the current owners do while retaining most if not all of the current board. McGowan meanwhile remains as imo a toxic brand whose presence, words and actions have and will continue to damage fan/club engagement. As to his charity work an examination of the accounts for Blameless are illuminating in respect of how much actually gets spent on charitable activity and how much goes on salaries! I accept however that in the long run we the fans given the size of the fan base are largely powerless and the owners will do what they want. :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:19 pm

[quote="TerracingTomas"] the accounts for Blameless are illuminating in respect of how much actually gets spent on charitable activity and how much goes on salaries! /quote]

Interested to know where you accessed this info,TT.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Go to the Scottish Charity Regulators website Porcupine and search the Register. Type in Blameless on the enquiry form and you get the Blameless page. The accounts for 2021 have yet to be published as the charity missed the 9 month deadline :oops: but the 20 accounts are there. £79,000 income, £20,000 of which was spent on charitable income and a whopping 52k on salaries. Something not right :evil:

https://www.oscr.org.uk/charities/searc ... 53#results
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:37 pm

Good work here,TT.

Accounts prior to 2020 are unavailable to scrutinise, though the 2020 figures also show those of 2019 where expenditure well exceeded income! In 2019 Salaries & Wages were a whopping £106459 against income of £84780, which included Fund Raising of £3768. No fund raising at all in 2020, though? Covid?

And, why are all the Trustees names redacted, as well as that of the Independent Examiner? How do those who donate see a true picture when they don't know who is responsible for the spend of their donations? Can't think of why all the names are blacked out. Any ideas?
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies