Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Auchinleck Talbot v Accies

Postby Euan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:59 pm

This disastrous season goes from bad to worse…unless you had Auchinleck at 12/1
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 pm

A fool and his money so much for my tenner. I feared the worst when I saw that starting line up and have no idea Stans’ thinking but as usual we don’t take cup competitions seriously and got what we deserve. They had the better chances in the first half and second half took their chance. Second half I can only think of a Kyle Munro strike that their keeper palmed away and Moyos’ miss towards the end. Only one team wanted to win and it showed. Hughes, mimnaugh, Stirling what’s the point. It’s distinctly possible that in the space of a week we could be knocked out of 2 cup competitions and handed a bottom of the league position courtesy of the Pars. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:32 pm

I have lodged a complaint with Trading Standards, HAFC are falsely advertising themselves as a football club.

Today would have been painful if it wasnt for the hypothermia
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:34 pm

smc4761 wrote:This time last year we were in Premier league and Talbot god knows how many levels below us

I appreciate that Talbot are a decent side but come on to feck we are a full time professional club. How much worse can it get.

Get Mcgowan to fuck before he totally destroys our club

I hate McGowan and all he stands for but , he doesn't pick the team , choose the tactics , or play on the pitch.

Stan was either so confident we would beat them that he put that line up out (which to me is disrespectful to Talbot) , or he had already given up on today and was saving the players for the Killie game.

We should not be getting beat by a team from that league. I thought today actually that Bonnyrigg had a chance of putting out Alloa but they were easily brushed aside , we should have been doing that to Talbot.

We're a shadow of Alex Neil's team in both character and ability.

If Stan's idea is to be football the "proper way" by playing the ball out from the back then he better get some new players cause these guys certainly don't have the ability. Maybe we should be playing tactics to our player's strengths and thinking we are Man City.

I thought that season may be a tough one but when Rice left I hoped things would improve , I would say we're worse off now.

I've supported the club since they were bottom of the second division and the "worst" team in Scotland but this feels worse in some ways , where's the fight , where's the characters in the team?

DISGRACEFUL!!! hand your heads in shame
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Just watched the post-match autopsy , i mean interview, apparently we just need to bounce back on tuesday and brush aside killie to get into the next round. fucking delusional.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:52 pm

And Bonnyrigg are a division above Talbot. A quite disgraceful team selection from Taylor. An imposter. Get rid of him. Another Accies manager that treats our biggest cup competition with contempt. Shiels in from nowhere with MacDonald on the bench. And Virtanen should start ahead of the useless Mimnaugh. Always the easy option with him, no decisive pass all game. And Ronan Hughes, it's like the Clive Anderson interview with Charles Kennedy, "The Liberal Democrats?" "" Yes! " " What's the point? " No talent at all. Took the first two early corners and they both landed on top of the net. Our strongest team might not have won but they might not have lost.

I will be staying away for a bit, I don't have a season ticket so my staying away matters a bit more. I won't give these bastards any more money, and that's despite me winning £80 on Auchinleck at 4/1* ( it had to be done!)

*where on earth were they 12/1? That couldn't have been to win in 90 minutes.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:18 pm

It pains me to say this but Stuart Taylor is showing himself to be a complete fraud as a manager. I know he won’t, but my message to him is to “ Please leave now” before he does any more damage to the team.
Another shocking team selection today coupled with poor tactics & no clue how to change things when it was obvious to everyone watching that things weren’t working. I’ve stated previously that my initial thoughts were he was a good appointment but I couldn’t have been any more wrong.
I struggle to think of a time when I felt more pessimistic about the team on the park and things off the park. I have no clue of where we go from here, and more worryingly the people in charge are clueless as well.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:38 pm

If i was an auchinleck player I’d be sitting in that dressing room after the game wondering why I’m not a championship player on a professional contract.

Rotten from start to finish, as someone said earlier 2 corners in first 2 minutes and I’m thinking we’re going to dominate them but both wasted and it took close on 30 minutes to register a lame effort on goal meanwhile they were creeping into the game with wee balls down the side in behind the full backs and they could’ve easily went in 2 up at half time if the guy didn’t slip when he took his shot and 2 last ditch tackles.

Second half started and straight away a brilliant double save by their keeper from Munro and can’t remember who and I’m afraid apart from a couple of shots from 25 yards that went wide and a poor header from Moyo that went over then that was it.

Both auchinleck centre backs never had a speck of dirt on them as they could’ve played in their club suit that’s how easy they got it today.

Was that result really a shock for some ?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Totally unsurprising. Cup shock? Giant killing? Only to a non accies fan.

This isn’t even close to rock bottom either. It’s going to get even worse.

What’s even the point anymore? I don’t blame anyone for staying away now.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:02 pm

[quote="Stevie Clarke]

*where on earth were they 12/1? That couldn't have been to win in 90 minutes.[/quote]

I was working today and one of my clients this morning was going to the game, he told me it was 12/1 on Monday when the odds came out and had dropped to 3/1 by today!
Not sure where.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Awful, just awful. Arguably worse than Buckie Thistle and Annan Cup defeats.

Whats the point of passing the ball accross the park time and time again? They've no idea of what to do with it after that.

We were spineless today, as we have been in too many games. Team selection bizarre with Shiels in for his first start.

We had no wind, no rough n tough players kicking us about, no rain, no snow, a flat pitch in good condition and could hardly muster a shot on their goal.

Even if Taylor gets any chance of funds to make any signings in January (which I doubt), I would question his judgment on any players coming in, at this stage. And, who would want to work for Accies who are in freefall to League One next season.

I never expected a goalfest today, but I did expect a team performing. This was as bad as it gets.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm

Sadly none of us are surprised by this score which let down a good away support.

No fight,no guts,no desire and utterly shameful.The fact the Club dropped the players off at The County Buildings Car Park instead of them going to the ground to face the ire of the crowd assembled at the ground tells it's own story.
Police cars,police dogs,mobile units the lot all to stop fans asking why this happened and wanting answers.

More power to the elbow of the fans.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:06 am

Time for an organised boycott.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:47 am

Today’s result was foreseeable to everyone except for one person. Even if he selected his “strongest” 11 it was going to be a tough slog, but to pick that starting 11 was total incompetence from Taylor.
I have always had respect for Alan Maitland, but he has been conspicuous by his silence, and feel he must now show some leadership & start to engage with the fans over this shambles.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:06 am

Maitland reports to one man and one man only. Whether it’s as Managing Director of Cullen Packaging or Chair of HAFC and that’s Uncle Ronnie. And Uncle Ronnie appears to have thrown the teddies out the pram big style so I wouldn’t hold ur breath to here from Maitland any time soon.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Total embarrassment from start to finish .. we never took control of the game … never looked like scoring …none of the players took responsibility to drive the team forward ( or keep them organised) … As for Stan .. lineup , formation , substitutions , tactics … all wrong ..
Hope the management and the team are fucking hurting this morning.
We are a laughing stock ….
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:01 pm

I’ve never been part of the lynch mob screaming abuse at the players and coaches after a defeat like this and never will be.
However I am more disillusioned with Accies than at any time during my 50 years following the team and am finding it increasingly difficult to find the motivation to attend.
I would love to sit down with Stuart Taylor and Allan Maitland and hear their thoughts on why the manager thought that was the appropriate starting 11 yesterday to beat a strong, confident Junior team away from home. If anyone from the club reads this and have any interest in retaining a long suffering, but reasonable fan please get in touch. I will not hide behind a website handle and will look them in the eye and calmly explain my concerns and frustrations.
My 21 year old has been going since he was 8, and now plays Junior football on a Saturday had a free Saturday as his game was off, and he declined to go yesterday as he just couldn’t be bothered with Accies. While I was disappointed, that summed up the current situation to me.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 pm

Interview with Sean Want on the Lanarkshire Live page which I haven’t bothered linking but the following caught my eye.

“We knew they would make it tough, we knew it would be a hostile atmosphere and every single player in that dressing room needs to go and have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, and we need to rectify this.“

I don’t think they made it tough at all, the way we played or didn’t play to be more exact made it tough. There wasn’t a hostile atmosphere it was a boisterous crowd and their element under the covered terracing were largely kids having a great time. I mean Sean it was hardly Ibrox or Parkhead.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies