Killie vs Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Killie vs Accies

Postby Beardy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Had planned to go see this one even though Killie has the most uncomfortable seats of any away game ive been to .... however, after that catastrophe on Friday night I'm not sure my mental health could withstand witnessing another reaming. Looking at the squad that's available I can't see there being a massively different (or competent) team being sent out onto the field. Killie 3-0
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Re: Killie vs Accies

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 am

Tickets on sale now for Hamilton Academical on Saturday 23rd October 2021. Prices for this match are as follows:

Adults: £20
Concessions (O65’s, Students, U21’s): £15
U18: £10
U16: £5

After Friday's debacle, you're not the only one, Beardy, who is likely to give this one a miss. Uncomfortable seats, higher senior prices than most grounds and another drubbing likely. Forunately, a family event gives me an excuse to miss the game.

Three months to a January transfer window to pick up a new player that someone else wants rid of, is hardly a positive thought. I strongly suspect we will be playing Falkirk, Montrose, Peterhead and Kelty Hearts next season & a derby game against Airdrie.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Well I can’t find a reason not to attend ;) so will roll up and take my medicine. Unfortunately the direct Stagecoach bus from Hamilton has been scrapped so I will have car it. Given home performances over the last season or so, not forgetting Tuesday, I’ve always enjoyed my away days. Our results seem to be slightly better and the grey suits and hangers on are nowhere to be seen. As to the game we were promised a response from players after the Arbroath game and instead we got beaten by Ayr. So however angry the players are I’m not sure any similar protestations will instill me with confidence. There is no arguing about Killies firepower but their defence is potentially a weakness as shown by the Pars. I honestly can’t see what Stan can do that makes a significant difference in terms of team selection but with Moyo getting his goal can we expect him to partner Chuckie up front. As to the midfield we haven’t got one. And in defence bring Jamie back? A rearrangement of the deckchairs on the Titanic for me. Hoping for some kind of result and looking forward to my Accies badged empire biscuit.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:39 pm

As an empire biscuit connoisseur the Killie biscuits may be the clincher, I may go along after all .... it's that or tidying out the garage
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:43 pm

Injury update from Stan which was something asked for at the fans forum I think

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-25258053

No sign of Shiels being available any time soon, Vertanen played with a hip injury on Tuesday and sounds doubtful for Saturday and Winters is back in the squad so that’s the additional striker we have all been asking for :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:37 pm

And no mention of Spence, Martin or Temps.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Injury update from Stan which was something asked for at the fans forum I think

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-25258053

No sign of Shiels being available any time soon, Vertanen played with a hip injury on Tuesday and sounds doubtful for Saturday and Winters is back in the squad so that’s the additional striker we have all been asking for :roll:

That's twice you've said Tuesday, do you mean Friday?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Thank you Stevie Friday it is. Still shell shocked from the second half. :shock:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 am

I’m going for a pie AND an Accies badged empire biscuit.
I think there’s every chance that the pie will be hot and generously filled with steak however on the downside the last time I had the empire it was soft and I wasn’t sure if they had been left over from the first game that season.
All in all a mixed bag however if the empire is fresh it could be a success.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:00 pm

I’m wandering how many away fans will be there on Saturday given our current situation? The last time we were away to Killie and fans were present was the 2 - 2 draw in November 2019. The Accies website gives a figure of 199 Accies fans present. Given Accies can’t fiddle the figures or hand out tons of freebies any figure from Killie should be accurate. I’ll go 120.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm

I would be surprised if there is over 100.
Gav
Championship

Postby Beardy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Gav wrote:I would be surprised if there is over 100.

Looking at the Killie ticket website there are 96 seats unavailable ... wouldn't swear that that means tickets sold though.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:32 pm

Looking at the Killie ticket website there are 96 seats unavailable

Now at 108 unavailable seats so we might reach 120 tomorrow. Winner of correct away crowd figure gets a coconut.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:30 pm

I’ve still to buy 5 if that helps. I’ll go for 141
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:45 am

Looking forward to my coconut if we can muster another 20 or so for today’s game.
I see Kilmarnock are referring to our result last week as a “freak”. Let’s hope it’s not the Inverness result that turns out to be the “freak”.
After a great start at Palmerston I think Matheson needs a rest and unfortunately that either means Ben Stirling or playing Jamie Hamilton out of position.
On balance I would go for Stirling and play Hamilton with Want (who was out of sorts last week but otherwise a top performer this season).
Smith AND Redfern for me.
Licking my lips for 3 pm today (Empire biscuit)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 am

I make it 138 sold now Bluesy a last minute flurry. Hope they upped the Empire biscuit order.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 am

TerracingTomas wrote:I make it 138 sold now Bluesy a last minute flurry. Hope they upped the Empire biscuit order.

Might need a last minute McFlurry if they’re out of empires.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:47 pm

No empire biscuits at all :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Nae empire biscuits and Accies are sending players into the away stand to pad the numbers
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Yep I see them. At least 5 inflating the actual paying figure. Apart from losing that early goal I think we have had the better of the first half. Just need to be more clinical.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies