Club's Official Website

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Club's Official Website

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Cinch Championship
ACCIES vs Ayr United
18th September - 15:00

That's what it says and it's now nearly four weeks old. Will they NEVER learn about how embarrassing this web-site is to long standing supporters :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Club's Official Website

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:02 pm

That’s incredible....
They obviously just don’t care...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Just about sums up the club.

Dont give a feck about their fans, the club. Stuck in last century and run by absolute amateurs who have no interest in the football club, well the first team at least

There are bloody Junior clubs run better that this shower of shite.

If they don t care why should we
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Half arsed, half witted, ham fisted, half hearted, half baked. Choose your own description, they all apply when it comes to off field activities be it the website, ticketing, on line shop, stadium shop, pie shop, banking arrangements, fan liaison, Twitter feed etc etc. The trouble is smc we do care. Ronnie/Les hang your heads in shame for allowing the circus to continue :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:19 pm

Agree TT, there are a hard core of fans who love the club and have followed through the good times and bad times, like a true football fan does.. Problem is this good will is getting less and less, with each passing year and the numbers are also shrinking.

In this modern age how hard can it be to communicate with fans. They dont even have to speak with them. Sit behind a keyboard, get Twitter updates, website updated, sell stuff online, sell tickets online, How hard can it bloody be. And these arseholes call themselves businessmen
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:32 pm

smc4761 wrote:Just about sums up the club.

Dont give a feck about their fans, the club. Stuck in last century and run by absolute amateurs who have no interest in the football club, well the first team at least

Do you think this is a reasonable or proportional response to a simple mistake (league table up to date and new stories including a match report from Aberdeen B there so probably an oversight).

I remember this forum was essential reading for me as an Accies supporters and not just a handful of posters talking the club down at every opportunity.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
smc4761 wrote:Just about sums up the club.

Do you think this is a reasonable or proportional response to a simple mistake (league table up to date and new stories including a match report from Aberdeen B there so probably an oversight).

I remember this forum was essential reading for me as an Accies supporters and not just a handful of posters talking the club down at every opportunity.

Happy to totally disagree with you Yummy Fur.

There's a minimum of professionalism required to represent Hamilton Academical to the general footballing public, and we consistently fall down on all of that as TT has already listed.
We have been the laughing stock of Scottish Football for too long for those very good reasons.
What's to talk up on all those valid points made by all the other posters on this thread?
Please start listing them!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm

The Club must also miss out on revenue due to the poor website and communication.
I’ve sponsored a few players shirts over the past 20 years but realistically it’s just a donation, where you get a signed shirt at the end of the season for your money.
I haven’t done it since sponsoring Docherty 5-6 years ago as there’s no publicity and no presence as a sponsor on the website and even if there was the website is so poor that I rarely look at it and presume very few fans do either.
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 pm

A handful of posters Yummy Fur? I take it you don’t follow the Accies thread on on P and B or follow Accies fans postings on WAH’s Facebook page. I think you will find considerably more than a handful who are not prepared to sit back and accept the off field ‘business’ activities. At the stroke of a pen Ronnie and Les could sideline Mcgoofey and appoint a competent CEO who had an ‘interest’ in football as well the business of football. Overnight I reckon the sea change would leave most of us arguing about football. It’s all about opinions YF and like Porcupine I disagree respectfully of course, with yours.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Sorry Yummy Fur, have to disagree with you. If it was a one off, an oversight, fair do's. BUT its not, the website is poor, until very recently you could not pay by credit card for games, social media presence is very poor. This is the 21st century we have the facilities to use social media, promote the club, get the fans on board. Sorry we just do not do that.

Accies spent 7 years in premier League, so arguably one of the top 20 sides in Scottish football, way ahead of all those wee diddy clubs in seaside leagues, you would think. BUT NO. Most of these clubs embrace social media, have an active relationship with the fans. Mainly due to McGowan, the relationship between fans and club is pretty toxic

I want to talk the club up, but when there is nowt much to talk up,it is difficult

Of course if you want to list any positives about the club more than happy to read about them
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies