Stuart Taylor appointed

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stuart Taylor appointed

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:08 am

So it’s official it’s Stuart Taylor. Have the owners got it right? Did they listen to the fans? He was certainly on my list of possible replacements so I’m not complaining. He ticks a lot of boxes. He knows the club having both played and coached for us. He has managed in his own right at Limerick,he has coached at a high level in England and he has his badges. Assuming he has accepted the owners emphasis on yuf he is someone you wouldn’t be surprised at them appointing without any input from the fans.
So did we fans have any influence? Its hard to believe that if Boozy had thrown his hat in the ring he wouldn’t have got it but in appointing Stuart it will be spun as you said we listened. Anyway after the last nearly 7 years I am desperate for him to be a success. Win 3 home games in a row and you will be a god Stuart. Realistically I don’t think promotion is on the cards this season. In fact I suspect the owners have always seen it as taking 2/3 years allowing for the yuf to develop. But even a play off spot would be success in my eyes. All the best Stuart. Enjoy the honeymoon.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/stuart-t ... ead-coach/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Stuart Taylor appointed

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:02 pm

In this interviews Maitland describes the appointment process and says Stuart applied rather than being headhunted

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... d-24804094

And an interview with The new manager. As expected developing yuf is what it’s all about

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... r-24803641
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:43 pm

Interesting appointment and one slightly left of field. I think the fact that he got the job and not Boozy will cut him some slack with the fans. He now needs to bring his own assistant and lets see some progress from there.

I would forget this weeks game and take it from there. Hopefully bringing in a few older heads, playing football and then bringin back the fans

We do give youth a chance, great, but these youth also need some experienced heads around them and overall we are lacking there. Our team is very lightweight overall

We keep going on about our great youth policy but is is actually paying dividends. To be honest probably not. The idea I assume is to bring through the youngsters give them game time then sell them on. With the money reinvest in more youth players

Now apart from McCarthy, McAthur, Easton, all about 10 years ago, Docherty 4 years ago, maybe Hendrie about 6 years ago, how many others have been developed and sold on. Even those players have brought in maybe £2 million tops. many other sides do not go on about their great youth policy and have developed and sold youth players and had decent returns, Hearts, Motherwell for example
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Pretty clear from the interviews, Smc that he’s not going to be bringing in his own assistant. Boozy going nowhere so I hope Stan strong enough to rule his roost. As to the youth the next big hope for money is Jamie Hamilton and if he doesn’t go in this window then his transfer value plummets unless he signs a new contract. Come the January window he can sign a pre contract.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:29 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Pretty clear from the interviews, Smc that he’s not going to be bringing in his own assistant. Boozy going nowhere so I hope Stan strong enough to rule his roost. As to the youth the next big hope for money is Jamie Hamilton and if he doesn’t go in this window then his transfer value plummets unless he signs a new contract. Come the January window he can sign a pre contract.

TT cant see anything in the Record interviews that indicate he will not bring in his own assistant. I am however realistic and would not be surprised if Bozzy was still there :(
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies