Accies v Albion Rovers

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Albion Rovers

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:14 am

So this game is Saturday and no ticket details as yet. I assume by lunchtime today they will be available. Had they been on sale last week then most people would have bought both while the optimism of the opening 2 wins was still with us.

Anyway as Porcupine has identified a win over Rovers won’t guarantee progression given goal differences. Can’t see our missing players being back so other than starting Moyo it’s not going to be any different of a starting lineup or are there any more ‘yuf players we can give a start. Maybe the signings Rice has promised will appear.

Ps I genuinely appreciated the water yesterday.

UPDATE

Yep tickets now available. You have until Friday to buy as no sale on the day. Maybe they will keep the ticket office open late on Friday!!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Albion Rovers

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Rice appearing to confirm in his post match interview that it’s coved related with Andy Ryan as he has an “issue” and won’t be available for 10 days. Looks as though your rumour Billybamz was the right one. Hope he recovers but being positive it’s not the out till January scenario.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Thanks for update on tickets, TT.

What an administartive shambles from a CEO who suggests he is on top on everything at Accies!

I would have gone to the game on Saturday but I can't be arsed doing another 30 mile round trip for a ticket which SHOULD have been available for sale at the same time as the Ayr tickets. It's not as if the game is a surprise. The date has been known for some time.

Result is that Accies loose income, albeit small @ £6 for my concession ticket, but I'll not be the only one, and this cumulative income loss, plus further eroded confidence in the Stadium Management, leaves fans even more pissed off than before. Don't suppose the new ASA are interested here?

REALLY poor stuff, McGowan!!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Yip must agree.tickets for both games (discounted price would have been nice) should have been on sale .really in this day n age a wee app and you can buy straight onto your phone..now av got to do 20 miles round trip to buy a ticket .not all fans live in Hamilton anymore. The pr for the club is poor..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:56 pm

The club really is a shambles from top to bottom. Hit them where it hurts and then *maybe* they'll attempt to get their act together.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Went back for my Albion ticket today and found out Saturday's tickets were on sale last night.
We really do let ourselves down badly at times.
Last edited by accie on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Your joking...
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Nope, couldn't make it up.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Would have helped if the it was announced on the tannoy..(or even gave the teams out instead of blasting out music non stop dj style..at least it was working for wee Johns birthday announcement..am not having ago but it is a way to give the fans info..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:16 pm

accie wrote:Went back for my Albion ticket today and found out Saturday's tickets were on sale last night.
We really do let ourselves down badly at times.

Last night? Last night?? If I was annoyed before????? What a feckin shambles!!

As already said, No team announcement on Tannoy, plus Missed opportunity to gain revenue on the night by ticket sales for Saturday, before/after the match.

You couldnae make it up.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of pretty well all other teams in the SPFL.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 pm

The whole club from top to bottom is an omni shambles. Even simple things like ticket sales, paying by card, basic basic stuff they cannot get right. I have seen junior clubs run better. This lot could not run a bath

McGowan and Co like to think of themselves as one of the top 20 clubs in Scotland, the way the club is run. Newsflash it aint. Supporters can see this how can the club not see this

Has this ever been brought to their attention or are they too busy patting themselves on the back with their great junkie success
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:16 am

As I alluded to above, it's time we just left them to it. The likes of Maitland tell the new supporters group what they want to hear, for example listening to fans about actually having hoops on our shirts for the first time since 2006 then promptly release another shirt with a white back. Even Morton have proper hoops, and I see Killie have got stripes on the back this season. But this is the club that is such a fucking shambles that they gave a scammer almost a million pounds and still heads didn't roll!!!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:57 pm

I just bought 5 tickets over the phone and they can be picked up any time until kick off which does seem like a good option.

Actually this could be quite exciting on Saturday (granted we should never be in this position).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Now confirmed that Ayr have been awarded the 3 points for next Saturdays game against Falkirk and they win the section. We need to win against rovers and win big to be one of the 3 best runners ups.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-24595211
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 pm

Bluesy wrote:I just bought 5 tickets over the phone and they can be picked up any time until kick off which does seem like a good option.

Actually this could be quite exciting on Saturday (granted we should never be in this position).

Great, Bluesy, so that now works. They never offered the guy on the phone that option when I was in for my Ayr ticket.

I'll give the office a phone Friday morning to order a ticket, now that appears to be a solution. Only hope is that we all don't turn up on Saturday to find they know nothing about any phone ticket orders. With Accies continued shambles, anything is possible.

Whatever the CEO did in a past life, it is unlikly that it was anything to do with sales/marketing/targets/fincome generation.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:35 am

It's a disgrace that a canny eat pies at the fitba and huv tae sit n starve way a mask on ffs. How ma ment shout HAW way a mask on and a empty belly???? Stick yer game up yer erse I'll jist watch the Albert way a bag a cans

HAW TAE FCK
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:49 am

porcupine wrote:
Bluesy wrote:I just bought 5 tickets over the phone and they can be picked up any time until kick off which does seem like a good option.

Great, Bluesy, so that now works. They never offered the guy on the phone that option when I was in for my Ayr ticket.

I'll give the office a phone Friday morning to order a ticket, now that appears to be a solution.

For anyone else, this has worked so far ok for me. Helpful girl at office took all details over the phone and ordered ticket for collection right up to kick-off. This has saved me 30 extra miles driving and an hour of my day.

What we do to support the Accies, eh?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:38 am

Albion Rovers only got their allocation yesterday afternoon so only have today and Saturday morning to sell their tickets.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Not a surprise really but Accies are selling tickets from the shop on the day.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby accie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:49 pm

A team full of kids, a left back at Centre forward and a 16yr old at left back. Thought we had 3 senior left backs at the club? Cannot believe Rice picked this team but whoever did should be ashamed.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies