Accies v Ayr

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Ayr

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 pm

Ticket details here. As it’s the 20th july then I assume a 2000 limit but no mention if away fans can buy tickets or whether we are in the main stand?

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/accies-v ... -details1/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ayr

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 pm

2000 fans

Aye we wish
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 pm

Now SMC we can but live in hope. To be honest I’m more interested in seeing away fans at the game to give us some banter. I would imagine 5/600 Accies fans ?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Got my ticket this morning. It’s for the main stand but obviously an allocated seat to facilitate distancing. I asked about away fans and was told 300 tickets set aside for Ayr so hopefully a bit more atmosphere and banter.

UPDATE

Ayr,'s officai site now advertising their 300 tickets on a first come first serve basis.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:51 pm

I think our typical fanbase has probably now dropped to about 1000 for home games. Hopefully going forward some of the other clubs, will be given 500/1000 away tickets. so should make for a decent atmosphere
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Anyone out there who can confirm Accies Ticket Office open toda for Ayr tickets?
It says available until Monday 19th but I've tried phoning but no one is answering. It's a 30 mile round trip for me wasted if no one there on Fair Monday.

Help!,
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:17 pm

Yip me to ..have phoned 4 times no answer..so how are you meant to buy a ticket if the ticket office is shut..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:57 pm

Just been down and checked. Office is open till 4 Only one girl on. If she's at the counter and phone goes it's unanswered until she's clear and vice versa Or so the story goes.

Of course we could invest in an online ticketing operation like big fan oriented operations such as Edinburgh City.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:12 pm

I was down there earlier. They were to be closed for lunch between noon and 1pm. It's crazy that you can't buy tickets online and also that they're not on sale tomorrow.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Well can we make it 3 in a row? When was the last time we achieved such a feat in any competition. We are at home in front of our own fans so that must be an advantage. Ayr seem to have returned to David Hopkin’s old club Morton for the majority of their summer signings, 4 out of 7 including Fjortoft so no sure what to make of them. A draw and a win so far for them against the 2 ‘weaker’ sides so all to play for. I saw Falkirk as the bigger threat in the group given they are desperate to get out of Division 1 so I’m going to be optimistic and go for another 2 -1 win.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:I was down there earlier. They were to be closed for lunch between noon and 1pm. It's crazy that you can't buy tickets online and also that they're not on sale tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's replies. As a result, I drove down this afternoon to find the ticket office lit and open but no-one there. It traspired the helpful girl was trying to explain to someone on loudspeaker phone next door, that there was no cash at gate, but tickets were available today until 4pm AND tomorrow until 5pm. This is of course contrary to the website info, but I've never relied on anything on the Official Site before so why am i not surprised?

The girl closed the telephone call quickly to (wo)man the ticket counter and was very helpful and efficient & with the card machine working, I was in and out in a minute or so. As Gilbert says, it's crazy that Accies, after Sooo many years, still make it difficult for spectators to part with their monies for tickets. On-line ticket sales??? Bar Codes at turnstiles?? Walk-ins Welcomed? Not this Century. :roll:

Finally, though, a live Accies game for us two. The first time in about 17 months. Let's hope it's a convincing Home win for us.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 pm

From a Daily Record interview today with McGoofy the CEO

Prices are £12 for Adults / £6 Concession/Juvenile, however, the club are reminding supporters that there will be no pay at the gate and no sale on the day, so to prevent disappointment tickets must be purchased by Monday, July 19.

So who knows what the policy is. And of course we are going to have to repeat the whole thing for tickets for the Albion Rovers game. Wouldn’t it have been sensible to have them available at the same time?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:15 pm

O come on ...tickets available for 2 games at the same time..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:33 pm

Wow! Challenging for some CEO's?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Want on the bench and Easton back in. Moyo benched as well and Ryan now where to be seen. Smith and munro presumably the strike options. This is going to be interesting.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Not just one but two strikers required.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Normal service resumes... :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby porcupine » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Ayr were a good solid professionally experienced unit. Men v Boys in our case. They had only one real chance and took it when we froze for what looked like a penalty for them and Madden allowed play to continue.

We had lots of noce passing bit no creative player who could unlock Ayr's solid defence. Lewis Smith had two defenders on him at all times. Moyo did nothing when he came on. That boy need a goal for self confidence. We lack a real goal poacher as a couple of times balls came accross the box but no-one there to prod them in. Andy Ryan reported as 'injured'. How do we sign players that we can't play, again and again?? McMann & Templeton being protected for the League itself??

Not a bad display from a group of boys & without Easton, average age might have been 20!! Jamie Hamilton now looks far better than 18 months ago, so we enter the Albion Rovers game with a possibility of being one of the best second placed teams, assuming we win!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:27 pm

It’s always been that way with Accies, build you up and then let u down. Men against boys indeed. With Ryan not available apparently through injury and I’ve read one suggestion he’s out till January?, then I can see why we tried Munro and Smith up front but it didn’t work and Moyo as usual added very little when he came on. Midfield consisted of Spence the rest contributed nothing. Never mind Ronnie must be over the moon with our finishing line ups’ average age so mission accomplished. Further experienced recruits needed but don’t hold your breath. At least I get to go down to the ground again for a ticket for the Albion Rovers’ derby.

Ps can we stop the interviews with players telling us they owe the fans a cup run. Just like the slogan whatever it takes it’s piss taking.

Pps It was great to be back in the ground and see lots of familiar faces and be told that we had a shitty home support. Football without fans is indeed nothing.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:56 pm

Got told Andy Ryan tested positive for covid.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies