Pre-season friendlies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Pre-season friendlies

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:44 am

Remember them?

Have we stopped doing them as can’t see anything on them and we are 1 week away from our 1st competitive fixture.

I remember going to a friendly against the wee Rovers 2 years ago on a lovely sunny Saturday afternoon, the game where I had to ask Kyle gourley who he was during the game when he was in goals
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:43 am

No pre season games this year. A few behind closed doors bounce games arranged. They have played Queens Park at NDP in a 2 - 2 draw and I think they are playing Dundee and an other. Like you I enjoyed away pre season games particularly New Bayview.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:28 am

Not so long ago,we used to get some great trips down South:Hartlepool Tournament with the added bonus of watching the reserves playing Billingham Synthonia later the same day.

Mind you some daft guy on the train who hails from Larkhall insisted the reserves were playing Billingham Town and went to the wrong ground unlike everyone else.

Whitby was another great trip as were the games in Ireland.God how I miss a decent pre season.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:56 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Not so long ago,we used to get some great trips down South:Hartlepool Tournament with the added bonus of watching the reserves playing Billingham Synthonia later the same day.

Mind you some daft guy on the train who hails from Larkhall insisted the reserves were playing Billingham Town and went to the wrong ground unlike everyone else.

Whitby was another great trip as were the games in Ireland.God how I miss a decent pre season.

I went to see them at Billingham and Hartlepool but easy for me as living in Darlington
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:14 pm

The Dundee “Dark Blues Forum” reporting a 5 - 0 win for Dundee over Accies.

“5-0 Dundee seemingly. Ashcroft, mccowan 2, jakubiak and mcdaid scoring the goals.”

No details of our lineup. I suppose the good thing about bounce games is that the Manager can try out formations and selections without worrying about fans and their reactions.
UPDATE
Scoreline confirmed by Scotsman online website as above but no details of lineups.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:30 am

So technically a team in a division below us 5/6 weeks ago have just rattled us 5-0.

This bodes well for league 1

Oh and nothing on Accies Twitter, are we surprised
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:48 am

Big Wurzil wrote:So technically a team in a division below us 5/6 weeks ago have just rattled us 5-0.

This bodes well for league 1

Oh and nothing on Accies Twitter, are we surprised

You’re a bundle of laughs big chap ..... :lol:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:42 am

Clyde poster on P and B reporting a win for Clyde yesterday over Accies in a bounce game.

“We won 2-0, Goody and Jones got the goals.”
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies