Floodlight Update

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Floodlight Update

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:42 am

All 4 pylons have had their floodligths replaced. New LED lights now in place. There are fewer of them on each pylon but I assume they are more powerful while also being energy effecient. Electricians are still working testing the wiring/connections and I don't know if someone is still to come in and ‘calibrate’ them to the pitch if thats the correct technical term. I would have thought they will easily be ready for the league campaign.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Floodlight Update

Postby porcupine » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:06 pm

In all the years at the new stadium I never saw every bulb working on any of the pylons. Hopefully LED lights will be longer lasting as well as more efficient. Whoopee! Accies are into the modern age?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Walked by there at 11pm the other night with the dog and every light was on with no one around.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:09 am

For the techno nerds amongst you I copied this from the Raith Rovers web site. They have also just replaced their floodlights with leds and this explains the benefits. I counted 22 led panels on each of our pylons.

“The work will see 14 LED panels installed on each of the four gantries which will bring the output from the system up to approved European competition levels, and to facilitate the lower lighting levels required for training sessions and lower level matches.

The new system will also be more adaptable, as the lights will be ‘dimmable’ to lower lighting levels which will make the significant cost of running the system more economic and also help to lower the clubs “Green Footprint”.

Oh and they have installed stadium Wi-fi. Have we got this ?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies