League Cup Draw

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

League Cup Draw

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Nothing to fear here is there? ‘Whatever it takes’ to qualify!

Group E
Hamilton Academical
Ayr United
Falkirk
Albion Rovers
Edinburgh City
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: League Cup Draw

Postby porcupine » Fri May 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Two down in about twenty minutes v Edinburgh City at Meadowbank,springs to mind :lol: :o :o

OK, we won 4-2 eventually but...................

There could be more than one banana skin in that bunch.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat May 29, 2021 7:36 am

If we don't comfortably win this group then this will give us a huge insight on how next season is likely to pan out.

Ayr Utd will also give us an insight of what to expect in the championship, only missed out on the relegation play off game to league 1 on goal difference so there is the standard.

Rice could be gone before the end of July depending how this group goes.

Am I confident, nooooooope
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 29, 2021 11:39 am

Why would they sack him this time, they couldn't have cared less about losing to Annan and Stranraer? One thing I will say, Albion Rovers are putting together a very good squad...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 29, 2021 12:20 pm

All these clubs are ambitious and potential bogie teams for us. Ayr United have a new owner and David Hopkins as manager appointed in March. They have already commenced rebuilding the squad. Falkirk have just appointed Sheerin who I fancy and there is money there for a promotion bid, although their board seems as unpopular as us. Edinburgh City reached the play offs in league 2 and Albion Rovers hit a good run of form when their league restarted so are no pushovers. If we are true to form re the League Cup we could be seriously embarrassed.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon May 31, 2021 11:18 am

Nothing at this time that makes me think it will be anything but the usual pish, a win a couple of draws and a defeat.

We'll probably use the games as pre-season friendlies and end up picking up a couple of bad injuries.

However maybe we'll get a surprise and have assembled a squad capable of winning the Championship by then , I hope we do
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:01 pm

All the group fixtures

GROUP E
Friday July 9
Edinburgh City v Hamilton Academical (7.45pm)
Saturday July 10
Albion Rovers v Ayr United (3.00pm)
Tuesday July 13
Ayr United v Edinburgh City (7.45pm)
Falkirk v Albion Rovers (7.45pm)
Saturday July 17
Albion Rovers v Edinburgh City (3.00pm)
Falkirk v Hamilton Academical (3.00pm)
Tuesday July 20
Hamilton Academical v Ayr United (7.45pm)
Wednesday July 21
Edinburgh City v Falkirk (7.45pm)
Saturday July 24
Ayr United v Falkirk (3.00pm)
Hamilton Academical v Albion Rovers (3.00pm)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:12 pm

Edinburgh City recently announced that they would be returning to the redeveloped Meadowbank for season 20/21. It’s got a new 4 g pitch and a 500 seater stand. No indication if there is terracing. Presumably with social distancing measures still in place can’t see a full stand so numbers will be limited. SLO if ur out there can you find out what plans if any yet are in place for away fans?

Update

There appears to be terracing so we might get some tickets after all.

“The club will have plush new surroundings in place for the start of the new campaign, with a 500-seat grandstand and capacity for 1500 spectators in seating and safe-standing positions.”
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby hollerman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 am

Edinburgh City Twitter(via their website) says the game is at Ainslie Park.
Maybe they just haven't updated yet?
hollerman
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 pm

City fans on Pie and Bovril suggesting that Meadowbank isn’t quite finished so it looks as though it could be Ainslie Park but no one seems sure.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder1966 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:13 am

As someone who lives in Edinburgh, City are still playing at Ainslie Park - the meadowbank development is still a long way off - think I'll be trying to get a ticket to see the guys
Jacobsladder1966
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm

It’s comments like this that piss me off in regards our approach to the League Cup. To quote Rice in a Lanarkshire Live interview-

“I’m in favour of the format but I just think that it comes far too early.

"If you play a couple of friendlies before the cup then you’ve played seven games before the league starts.”

Too early for whom? All clubs are in the same boat and as always 2 of the teams in our group are part time so ur telling me we can’t go out win all 4 games and qualify comfortably for the next round. Give the players and fans a morale boosting start to the season. Talk about getting excuses in early.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:40 pm

Agree with TT above ...
Looks like getting the excuses in early .
We are playing a team who just escaped the Championship relegation playoff , a team who shat the bed in League 1 and 2 teams from League 2 ... we should be going through this undefeated...

We won’t though.....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:21 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:It’s comments like this that piss me off in regards our approach to the League Cup. To quote Rice in a Lanarkshire Live interview-

“I’m in favour of the format but I just think that it comes far too early.

"If you play a couple of friendlies before the cup then you’ve played seven games before the league starts.”

Too early for whom? All clubs are in the same boat and as always 2 of the teams in our group are part time so ur telling me we can’t go out win all 4 games and qualify comfortably for the next round. Give the players and fans a morale boosting start to the season. Talk about getting excuses in early.

Just the usual pish coming out , look upon it positively and put together 4 wins and go into Championship firing on all cylinders.
It's too early cause we haven't had time to pick up the usual dross that no ones wants to sign. some of "key" youngsters haven't played that much last season so they should be fresh and raring to go.

Beat before we go on the park again.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:50 am

TerracingTomas wrote:Edinburgh City recently announced that they would be returning to the redeveloped Meadowbank for season 20/21. It’s got a new 4 g pitch and a 500 seater stand. No indication if there is terracing. Presumably with social distancing measures still in place can’t see a full stand so numbers will be limited. SLO if ur out there can you find out what plans if any yet are in place for away fans?

Update

There appears to be terracing so we might get some tickets after all.

“The club will have plush new surroundings in place for the start of the new campaign, with a 500-seat grandstand and capacity for 1500 spectators in seating and safe-standing positions.”

At this moment we speak current guidance is home fans only. However I believe conversation is happening around how this looks for the new season beginning. The only real issue i can see would be localised restrictions in place. It’s always been the intention when we know for certain fans return we will update you as it’s very much needed for all.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:52 am

At the moment as we speak current guidance is fuckin shambolic from the Scottish government.

So an Edinburgh city fan living in hamilton can attend but a hamilton fan living in Edinburgh can't.

Keep up the good work Nicola. It's an utter farce and has been for close on a year now. The first couple of months into this I thought they were doing well, now their making it up as they go along, winging it.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Nothing coming out re ticket arrangement for our first tie next week. As I understand it grounds can have upto 1000 fans but is that dependent on ground capacity? Ainslie Park has a capacity of just over 3500 and Edinburgh City’s average attendance for 19/20 was 324. Apart from Motherwell games the most we’ve taken to away games is about 250 so surely away fans can be accommodated?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:58 am

Arrangements for Edinburgh City game. Home fans only and no mention if the game is on their tv channel.

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2021/07/ ... angements/

Same for Falkirk game. Home fans only but they are televising.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5O7VBQXEAE ... name=large

UPDATE re Edinburgh game.

Tickets for away fans to go on sale on Monday. Mind you I’ve already bought mine. Nothing on the app site to stop you !!,
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies