Midden v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Midden v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:22 pm

As well as Hughes missing the next 2 games so does Rice banished to the stands for his referee outburst. I’ll miss neither!!! Anyway in this interview Rice hints at further injuries but no names. Bit of pre game kiddolgy? On recent form I have no reason to view this than anything other than a win for Midden. Their players are on a high from getting to a cup semi and even if they rest some players those coming in will be fighting for a place in the cup team. But even a draw if County lose would be major. I live in hope.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... o-23998181
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Midden v Accies

Postby smc4761 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:35 pm

We can only hope that the cup game took a lot out of St Midden, but dont think it will make any difference.

Horrifying stat: Rice is the 2nd longest serving manager on Premiership, behind Steven Gerrard
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Either 3 games or 5 games to go and it's still in our own hands. I'm no great fan of Brian Rice but football is a game of very fine margins and should the admittedly unlikely happen then given the injury situation and the modest budget to work with he will have performed miracles to keep us up.

Aside from the first couple of games of the season Rice's approach has been far too cautious and even last week albeit with a man short it would be difficult to argue that at any point we really went for it, tomorrow he needs to go for it. Also he's stubbornly stuck with the 3-5-2 (5-3-2) for sometime now and with no wins in 8 it's time to change it.

4-5-1 tomorrow please with Smith & Thomas thrown in from the start on either wing and Minmaugh to play and be put on set pieces. That leaves a tough decision on who to play at centre back but on current form it's Hamilton & Martin for me.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:10 pm

They will have an eye on next weekend and the Semifinal. The likely thing is they’ll start with their best eleven to maintain fitness and start to rest players as the game progresses to avoid injuries.
I’d accept if we stay cautious for the 1st half and introduce a more attacking line up as they ‘weaken’, but we have to go for it at some point.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm

Agree with yummy fur, it’s got to be 4-5-1 tomorrow and perhaps Lewis Smith, Kyle Munro and Nathan Thomas can offer width against a disinterested St Mirren team. Unfortunately Ross County may well experience a similar opposition at Tannadice so we need to deliver.
So wish I was going to Paisley and Dingwall because this is going to be incredibly exciting and stressful. Being there always helps
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Easton is out and Moyo is starting.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Easton is out and Moyo is starting.
Oh dear, fear the worst with that line up, hope its at at least 442 and they show some ambition.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Sat May 01, 2021 2:56 pm

According to Derek Ferguson- back 3 with McMann and Munro left wing back! Blood pressure at dangerous levels already
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 01, 2021 4:16 pm

See that boy Moyo always said he was a match winner every time !
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat May 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Well that was a surprise.... A very welcome one , but still a surprise... :D
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat May 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Nervous wreck, but we held on for a deserved win, as Goodwin did the opposite of what I’d anticipated and brought on his best players for the last 30 minutes.
Ross County’s win takes the shine off but I reckon a victory in either of the final games should see us avoid bottom spot.
Won’t be easy and it’s going to be a tense night a week on Wednesday in Dingwall.
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Well now it gets interesting. I really thought Killie were out of it so despite County winning suddenly there are 3 teams back in the mix. A good performance from us and it could have been 3 - 0 with Callaghan very unlucky with his strike that hit the bar. Rice needs to sit in the stand more often.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat May 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Glad it's not this midweek as that bumbler Jane Lewis said on the results show. Gives Thomas and Lewis Smith another week and a bit to get fitter. What a signing Callachan has been. If the worst happens I hope we can keep him. Can we win two in a row for the first time this season? We're going to have to. A point will just prolong the agony and won't be good enough.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun May 02, 2021 12:11 am

I fancied us to win this as we were due a lucky break and boy did we get one when the young St.Mirren player blootered that shot over the bar after another bad kick out from Gourlay.

To e fair, apart from that,Gourlay did well with some good saves and special mentions to Kyle Munro who sacrificed his own game to stop Richard Tait piling forward and also Regan Mimmnaugh in a makeshift midfield.

Nathan Thomas also showed his experience winning that free kick in injury time to calm the nerves.

We have stared down the barrel before and know all about it, although not many of this squad have done so which is a slight concern.

If we show the same fight and guts which are in our DNA,I am confident we can do this.If we do so,this will be all the sweeter after looking dead and buried and our many critics will be gutted lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:33 am

fantastic result and finally we get the rub of the green with our second goal. With one result going our way and the other not we still have a bit to do.

To be honest I still think we need to win both games to be sure, which will give us 36 points. The most County could then get would be 36, but we have better goal difference. Killie would then only get 35 points

Before yesterday we had only won 3 games all season against teams other than Motherwell, so it could be a tall order.

11 days till next game maybe a few injuries could clear up???
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Its only a game » Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 pm

I think we got the tactics spot on, we played to feet where we could instead of hitting it long. Some good performances but for me Callachan, Odoffin and Hodson outstanding performances. Especially Hodson goes under the radar for some reason but stopped Dole Hayes all game set up our first goal and linked up play down the right superbly.
Its only a game
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun May 02, 2021 9:19 pm

We need to win our next two. When was the last time we won three on the bounce? Genuine question, I guess going back to when Alex was in charge.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Between 27/09 & 17/10 in 2014 we beat Motherwell & Celtic away 0-4 and 0-1 then Aberdeen at home 3-0.
Not sure if we have managed 2 in a row much since then !!!!
It is a huge ask as both opponents will be right up for it.
Fingers crossed need some luck and maybe a wee surprise comeback from the injury table.
At least we are in it again.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue May 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Two in a row at the end of last season was what kept us up. Ibrox then the home game with Killie.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies