Any help would be amazing!!!! Thank You!!!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Any help would be amazing!!!! Thank You!!!

Postby Johnalexander838 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:10 am

Hi I am looking for some help, does anyone have a home top from either 1990,91,92 seasons? My uncle Ray McGuigan played during this time and sadly passed away. I’m trying to do a framed shirt with some of his programmes/write ups for my grandads bday. I will arrange payment directly and I’m not looking for anything for free etc.

I’ve tried EBay and can’t see anything expect a top which was an away jersey but it’s going for £150 which is a bit steap. Seen a replica site called Donnater.Scot but it’s had terrible reviews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and as mentioned I am willing to pay what you are looking for to get this present sorted.

Thanks in advance.
Johnalexander838
Pub League

Re: Any help would be amazing!!!! Thank You!!!

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Who were shirt sponsors then? Days or Wilsons?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:53 pm

DAKS. Not Days :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:39 am

Porcupine: Reckon the sponsor around that time would have been Philips? We'd have been in chevrons back then too.

John: I can't help with a shirt, but I do have a couple hundred old programmes from that era still kicking around in a box. I could go through them and scan anything that has Raymond in it if that's useful to you.

Fond memories of that era, your uncle was a part of what was probably my favourite Accies squad.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Euan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 am

Checked http://www.historicalkits.com. 90 was DAKS (without the collar) then 91-93 was the Phillips Chevron shirt.
I still have the older 89 DAKS shirt (with a collar) but neither of those shirts.
Ray McGuigan was a talented midfielder, I’m sorry to hear of his passing.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Johnalexander838 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank you guys thats a great effort so far. Much appreciated, anything like that would be great.

He signed in 89 and if you were willing to part with the DAKS jersey for a fee then I would very much be interested in purchasing it from you to frame.

I’ve been given a lot of info from on of the member at Hamilton and all your help it much appreciated.
Johnalexander838
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:38 pm

There were a couple of Accies games around 1990/91 that were on BBC Sportscene that featured your uncle. Are you aware of them? A 3-2 defeat at Dens where I think he scored and another 3-2 defeat at home to Ayr in the cup. I think he was involved in an altercation if memory serves. I have them on a dvd, I'll try to find it but I don't have the tech to copy it. Would you be interested?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Johnalexander838 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Steve Clarke, thanks for that I will try and find them on the bbc i player or something perhaps.

If not I’m sure YouTube will have them. Can’t wait to watch them. The whole family is going to love this. It’s been a while now so we feel it’s easier to go over all the nice memories and stuff.

Really appreciate it.
Johnalexander838
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:29 am

Hi John,
try Twitter WeAreHamilton Page and also join the We Are Hamilton Facebook page and you may be in luck.

Only Accies Twitter and Instagram pages are also worth a shout.

Your Uncle was a talented player with a good left foot.

If my memory serves me correctly,he was left out of a game at Firhill and was in a Pub nearby having a Pint when the message came to get down to the ground sharpish as he was now needed.

Think he came on a Sub?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Johnalexander838 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:18 am

Thank you I will join these groups too, I have had a few good stories and pictures, clips etc.

This story makes the family laugh all the time, it’s one of the go to stories when we here about Ray haha Can’t imagine a player getting away with that these days lol

Appreciate your help thank you.
Johnalexander838
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:18 pm

Great to see a good response in memory of a talented member of our Accies team that I remember well.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies