Accies in Europe

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies in Europe

Postby Bluesy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 am

Time to forget the gloom and doom for a day or so and support the youngsters tonight.

This would be some achievement and a good crowd can only help them.

If we got through tonight it would be a one off home game v (as it stands) the likes of Tottenham, Monaco, PSG, Roma, Juventus etc who are 2nd in their group.

I very much hope to see this crop start to come through in the next year or so.
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Accies in Europe

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:24 am

Sadly a last minute demand by a family member to move furniture ahead of the carpet fitter has knackered my plans to attend. Fingers crossed they really deserve to progress further. I can guarantee you will see a higher standard of play than currently on offer at first team games.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:16 pm

My wee boys Boys Brigade 5 a side team guarantee a higher standard of play than currently the first team offers.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 pm

I feared the worst without star man Lewis Smith and so it proved.A good start but the wind seemed to change direction and we were hanging on by half-time.

Second half a couple of goalkeeping howlers and a sending off were the notable points as we lost the midfield and looked men v boys at times.A goal was coming but a schoolboy error of a free kick across the field led to a dive for a penalty shortly after.

Onwards and upwards and the club can't hide behind the youth team now to hide the frailities of the first team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:29 am

What a privilege to watch these lads.
Would gladly go out on a wet,windy November evening even with Champions League football on the box to watch their endeavour.
Shame about the Big Team.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Gav » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I feared the worst without star man Lewis Smith and so it proved.A good start but the wind seemed to change direction and we were hanging on by half-time.

Second half a couple of goalkeeping howlers and a sending off were the notable points as we lost the midfield and looked men v boys at times.A goal was coming but a schoolboy error of a free kick across the field led to a dive for a penalty shortly after.

Onwards and upwards and the club can't hide behind the youth team now to hide the frailities of the first team.

It was a stonewall penalty. Keeper definitely caught him.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:07 am

Well that was fantastic while it lasted and what a credit those young lads where to Hamilton Academical football department. Was a great feeling as a fan and that games proves that we have a fan base prepared to face horid weather to watch a cracking team but all good things come to an end at some point.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Plenty of honest effort, plenty skills shown and a willingness to co-ordinate as a team. First team members take note! Lots of play on the surface as well, rather than hoof-ball.
As Winners of their under19's, as opposed to ours as Winners of under 17's, we looked from the start that we were boys against men, but that did not stop a real effort from our lads.
Their no.8 strolled through the game, and reminded me of Christian Dailly in his prime. He will make the Danish full squad without doubt.
Well, we can always say we saw Accies in a European Competition, at any rate. Zero chance of ever seeing that in our first team, unless playing at Berwick at some stage qualifies us if the "Midge" has somehow got us independance :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies