Break-in at Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Break-in at Accies

Postby The Goalie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Just watched the CCTV recording on the official website re what appears to be two male youths, leaving NDP via exit near the American Dinner, with a sport rucksack.

Apparently, various items stolen, as well as damage to various doors, etc...

Scum.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Re: Break-in at Accies

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Apparently stole the manager and quickly returned him when they realised he was useless and stole sweets and drinks instead.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Bad news of course, but in comparison to the £1m bank fraud it's hardly going to bankrupt us.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:31 am

Scum indeed.

Fortunately the damage could have been a lot worse, just imagine they set fire to the main stand, the wee stand across the park or even the pitch. It would cost the club thousands.

RE the club statement the term 'football department' is laughable and in my opinion sums up the mentality of the folk behind the scenes. Also, will it be the stadium company or the club who will pay for the repairs? I thought they where 2 different things.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Fortunately the damage could have been a lot worse, just imagine they set fire to the main stand, the wee stand across the park or even the pitch. It would cost the club thousands.

RE the club statement the term 'football department' is laughable and in my opinion sums up the mentality of the folk behind the scenes. Also, will it be the stadium company or the club who will pay for the repairs? I thought they where 2 different things.

I’m assuming the club is insured (Thats a big assumption I know given they couldn’t put proper internet banking controls in place :oops:) so damage and losses can be claimed if its worth it? As its sweets and drinks that have gone then its the catering concession kiosks that have been targeted so the losses there are not the clubs’ but the catering company. Only solution IMO is to empty the kiosks of anything worth stealing in between games.

As for who pays for the damage repairs. Yes its 2 different companies but the lines are so blurred you would be pushed to see the difference. However damage to the stadium should come out of that companys' books.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby adriansprott » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Its noticeable that there have been multiple break-in's over the last few weeks , with the powers that be doing nothing about it until they were forced to , following the installation of cameras and 24 hr security. I guess they were thinking that it's a problem that will just go away on it's own , when we all know that unless you deal with a problem head on at the earliest opportunity it can just keep occurring . Maybe they can now apply this logic to the area of football team management .........
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Wishful thinking there.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies