Transfer inactivity

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer inactivity

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:22 pm

It was said to be at least one new signing before Saturday, so must admit bit disappointing so far, fingers crossed.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Been down this road before![/quote]
All other teams? Hearts, Killie, Thistle, St Johnstone and Motherwell have signed nobody, but don't let facts get in the way.[/quote]

Sorry teams the same size as us have all signed players we should have been trying to get!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:49 pm

H9crx wrote:Been down this road before!

All other teams? Hearts, Killie, Thistle, St Johnstone and Motherwell have signed nobody, but don't let facts get in the way.[/quote]

Sorry teams the same size as us have all signed players we should have been trying to get![/quote]
What relevance does that have? Teams we are competing against haven't signed anyone so we are no different to half the teams in the league. Should they be signing these superstars that we have ignored with their supposed greater resources then? I read the name Nathan Austin quoted as someone we should have went for. Do you really think this guy could come straight in to the premier league and be a success? He might,but it's a mighty big gamble that i'm sure if it failed our board would be slaughtered for. Any signings made in January need to be experienced and ready to hit the ground running in my opinion.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Burst Baws » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Gaspode wrote:
H9crx wrote:Tumble weed coming out of accies, again when all other teams bring in players.

Don't panic I think we will have signed some players, we just can't un vale them to the press as they are still on a raft from Europe or driving up for down south over night tonight to start tomorrow.

Been down this road before!

All other teams? Hearts, Killie, Thistle, St Johnstone and Motherwell have signed nobody, but don't let facts get in the way.

There was a daft wee wumin greeting from day 1 that we hadn't signed anybody....I now know who you are h9crx
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Usual happy clappers mentioning other clubs forgetting to mention our terrible run of form and the fact none of our strikers:Brophy,Nade,Morris and D'Acol have scored as many combined as for example,Lewis Moult next door.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:02 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Usual happy clappers mentioning other clubs forgetting to mention our terrible run of form and the fact none of our strikers:Brophy,Nade,Morris and D'Acol have scored as many combined as for example,Lewis Moult next door.

I mentioned the other clubs purely in the context of the inaccurate post of H9crx, but do feel free to twist the facts to suit yourself.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Jamie sendles white told he is free to leave

Cant find this on accies twitter or Facebook. where is this posted?

Well done Alfie Olek for calling this one in advance. The nudge nudge wink wink crew might know a thing or two after all!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 am

Why is anyone surprised at lack of transfer activity ?

We aren't willing to spend any money on signings and, according to the Advertiser, won't offer a contract beyond end of season in case we are relegated. Only players currently without a club are going to be interested in that - and there is a reason they don't have a club !
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Accies73 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:54 am

Seems perfectly obvious to me that Accies are preparing to drop down a division. It wouldnt even be that difficult to stay in this division either thats the galling part. Les sticking two fingers up to the fans again. Tosser.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:13 am

Gary Irvine signing for st mirren after the rumours he was interesting Accies.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 am

What makes it worse , for me , is that next season the league could be awash with money due to RFC ( and probably Hibs) coming back into the league .
Will there be a new TV deal because the Old Firm games would be back ?
There will be more fans coming to Hamilton , more hospitality , more advertising , etc.....
Seems to me that staying in the top league would be much better for the club than sliding down the leagues.......
But then again , I'm only a fan , so what do I know !!
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Accies73 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:03 pm

If we did somehow manage to stay up then next year we would be certs to go down.. but like you say club could make good money next year in top division.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:32 pm

glasgow accie wrote:What makes it worse , for me , is that next season the league could be awash with money due to RFC ( and probably Hibs) coming back into the league .
There will be more fans coming to Hamilton , more hospitality , more advertising , etc.....
Seems to me that staying in the top league would be much better for the club than sliding down the leagues.......

Everything you say is true. So, Les and Ronnie are businessmen and making money is their job so, does anyone in their right mind honestly believe they want to drop a division and miss out on the bonanza your talking about?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:25 pm

To be honest folks,I wouldn't be surprised if the 16 team League comes about next season.However,we shouldn't look at it that way.

The window about to close and not looking good incoming wise whatever the result today.Galling thing for me is on form,we can compete easily with most teams in this League.Our weaknesses up front have cost us so many points.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Not unusual for most business to be done at the end of the window. Not sure we have missed anyone of great note and don't think Irvine would have been the answer
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:50 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Not unusual for most business to be done at the end of the window. Not sure we have missed anyone of great note and don't think Irvine would have been the answer

This is quite correct but it still doesn't stop the dunderheids claiming we should have signed half a team by now.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Burst Baws wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Not unusual for most business to be done at the end of the window. Not sure we have missed anyone of great note and don't think Irvine would have been the answer

This is quite correct but it still doesn't stop the dunderheids claiming we should have signed half a team by now.

Also interesting is that Accies re tweeted a message that its 25 years today since we punted Paul Martin to Dumbarton. Paul was Martin was a very highly rated Scottish player - the exact criteria that some would say guarantees success - we showed ambition (£40k?) I think and that the board 'cared'. Not exactly a success, a bit like Paul McQuade :roll:

Still a boost of a player or to add to the team (not wider squad) is required.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Gaspode wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:What makes it worse , for me , is that next season the league could be awash with money due to RFC ( and probably Hibs) coming back into the league .

Everything you say is true. So, Les and Ronnie are businessmen and making money is their job so, does anyone in their right mind honestly believe they want to drop a division and miss out on the bonanza your talking about?

From some of the fans point of view it looks as if they couldn't care one way or another......I don't think they WANT to drop a league , it wouldn't be good for the club , however , they don't look on it as being as big a disaster as (some of ) the fans would .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Redandwhite1874

John mcquade and Paul martin were the record signings at £70,000 each I'm sure until cerny arrived
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:06 pm

How did we afford Thomas? Was this when the BOD were motivated and invested in the team? Where has this money gone now?
H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies