Atmosphere

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Atmosphere

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:09 pm

With the lack of league football I've done some reminscing. my earliest memories of DP was quite rough, I do however remember a good atmosphere for most games. Any friend I've brought along to NDP has always commented that for the most part you can hear a pin drop, most clubs have multiple songs that are sung..we really don't, I can't however justify how placid most of our crowd is. Can anyone remember when the spirit seemed to die? or at least the passion was lost ? Genuine question.
judgeflash
Premiership

Re: Atmosphere

Postby H9crx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Just a few years back I posted about how awesome section A was after a game I could still hear them in the stands singing as I walked under the car park. That period was a turning point continued success and we could have grown the crowed and atmosphere it was on the cusp.

Poor managerial appointment pissed on that and we are now in a decline with more like me not attending anymore.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm not going to pine one bit for fairweather 'fans' only interested in following the club during the absolute best of times. I certainly don't want the club to interpret their absence as a matter requiring a response or a change of direction.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:43 pm

The atmosphere has been awful for a while. In fact, other than a few months under Neil (around April to January), I can't remember the atmosphere ever being consistently good at NDP. I think there can be quite a good noise at away games, though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Would it be a better atmosphere if we had over spent for super quality like Hartley and Loy. :lol: :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Blaming the manager, or his appointment, for the poor atmosphere is a nonsense.

We've always had a small support, it's rarely been very noisy (at home), and it's often been hyper-critical. I wish it were otherwise, but it's hardly changed since I started following Accies in the 1970s.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:09 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Would it be a better atmosphere if we had over spent for super quality like Hartley and Loy. :lol: :lol:

No. Though if we got Gary Irvine... ;)
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm

accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Would it be a better atmosphere if we had over spent for super quality like Hartley and Loy. :lol: :lol:

No. Though if we got Gary Irvine... ;)

Or perhaps if MC didn't have a 90% failure rate in terms of signings :lol:

Apart from Remi, Donati, Seaborne, Woods, Sarris, Sowah, D'Acol, Bingham. ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Seated stadium killed the atmosphere in the majority of the stadiums across not only Scotland but Europe too, hence the reverting back to safe standing areas being introduced.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:36 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:I'm not going to pine one bit for fairweather 'fans' only interested in following the club during the absolute best of times. I certainly don't want the club to interpret their absence as a matter requiring a response or a change of direction.

It's not about pining for fairweathers fans, i'm just asking peoples opinion on why the atmosphere is so dire. Genuinely feels like an all time low. Even in the last days of Billy Reid, the fans were far more vocal, despite watching some utter pish footie.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Seated stadium killed the atmosphere in the majority of the stadiums across not only Scotland but Europe too, hence the reverting back to safe standing areas being introduced.

Agree. It's only when there are decent crowds do you get some semblance of an atmosphere and often that's not even singing just folk reacting to the game. With 1200 fans we'll always struggle to create an atmosphere. Away from the singing section, it's only really Tatty that tries to start a song and that's just the usual Acc-ies clap clap clap.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Blaming the manager, or his appointment, for the poor atmosphere is a nonsense.

We've always had a small support, it's rarely been very noisy (at home), and it's often been hyper-critical. I wish it were otherwise, but it's hardly changed since I started following Accies in the 1970s.

I agree with the highly critical;are today's Centre Stand harridans as bad as during the wooded Main Stand years?
However,the old Shed generated a good atmosphere over many years and up until McGowan's campaign against Section A,the atmosphere was getting there.

No wonder a lot of the kids fcuked off when they were treated to being lambasted in media outbursts by a guy who cares more about chickens and junkies than first team results.Add in Canning ruining Neil's success,the worst home record in Scottish Football and the at times slow,languid style of play(not so much this season as last 18 months to be fair)and the feel good factor has gone.

How to get it back is the question,but the lack of communication towards the fans-ala the much promised Fans Forum- doesn't help.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 am

Atmosphere was really good last night I thought.

Blood pressure still dangerously high however
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:52 am

was listening to the game last night on sportsound due to stupid work stuff and the singing and drum sounded really good considering there was only 1400 accies fans. Well done to all involved.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:13 am

Bomber Harris wrote:was listening to the game last night on sportsound due to stupid work stuff and the singing and drum sounded really good considering there was only 1400 accies fans. Well done to all involved.

I think the crowd picked up on your pre match optimism - well done; its easy to be negative and talk crap before playing the second best team in Scotland when they are bang on form, but you avoided that and realised that the fans can help the players by supporting them. :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:35 am

It must help the team when the noise builds up and there are frequent Accies Accies chants. The whole crowd got behind the team
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:12 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:was listening to the game last night on sportsound due to stupid work stuff and the singing and drum sounded really good considering there was only 1400 accies fans. Well done to all involved.

I think the crowd picked up on your pre match optimism - well done; its easy to be negative and talk crap before playing the second best team in Scotland when they are bang on form, but you avoided that and realised that the fans can help the players by supporting them. :roll:

Sorry next time in the next predection thread I'll just say we will win. Thought the whole point in said thread was to predict and I did and got it completely wrong same way I get most of my predictions wrong in the bookies.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby WAC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Hope theres a bigger crowd for this huge game on Saturday and we all get behind the team again.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

Sorry next time in the next predection thread I'll just say we will win. Thought the whole point in said thread was to predict and I did and got it completely wrong same way I get most of my predictions wrong in the bookies.

But you didn't just predict a loss, you predicted a heavy loss, and used it as a platform to call (again) for the manager to be sacked.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 am

Well..that was the kinda passionate crowd I love to be in. Willie Collum truly can drive any crowd to the point of insanity.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies