D'Acol

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

D'Acol

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Opinions?

Not for me. 4 occassions I've watched him closely this season, 1 of that being Edinburgh City and still trying to fathom out what he brings to the team.

Nothing sticks, even simple passes to feet he does nothing with it. Can't hold the ball for any length of time to bring others into it. Centre backs have an easy time of it from him. Never seems to spin away into the channels to get centre backs turning, always remains central. Maybe that's what Canning has told him. Players don't gamble going in behind as he rarely wins a flick on.

But utlimately he is very rarely a threat in the box. Don't recall him having chances blocked/saved in those 4 games.

He doesn't really give Donati, Devlin who generally look for the forward pass an out ball which then almost always results in the ball going out to Gillespie/Lyon then back to Matthews and you hear the frustration kicking in from the crowd.

I'm wondering if some players have no confidence in him and maybe are reluctant to put a pass into him.

You've obviously guessed i'm not impressed so time for another option up top.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: D'Acol

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 am

Big difrance when Broohey came on. Played them both or drop Alex D.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby really? » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:51 pm

We only looked like scoring after Brophy came on - surely Trophy must start next game.

I can't see what D'Acol does - he certainly provides no goal threat.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:22 pm

For me there is no basis to say go 2 up, without explaining the rationale of how that would impact on the other parts of the team.

Brophy is doing really well and pushing Alex all the way. D'Acol for me is improving and is holding the ball up and is playing in the players whose role it is to support him.

For me its not just as simple as saying that Brophy is doing well so he must start. You could say that bringing him on as the game opens up is working and that he may benefit from that more than starting? That said, it may not hurt to swap and see what happens.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Well, within 5mins of Brophy coming on he nearly scored twice and caused more panic in the County defence than D'Acol caused in 70mins. Not saying D'Acol ain't a useful player but her carries no goal threat.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:24 am

I thought D'Acol played great against County, he plays the MAC style of being able to hold up play and pick a pass. He done a lot of the hard work that goes unappreciated, like chasing down balls. I'd really like to have seen 2 up front, D'Acol and Brophy could be a great partnership given time.
In fairness to D'Acol he didn't really get a lot of opportunities to get shots off either, as he was often outnumbered.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Superhammy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:16 am

Need to be patient - I think he will do fine after a few more games
Superhammy
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:07 am

Let's hope this starts a run of goals for him!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Boom more goals please
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Is resurrecting old threads back in fashion again? If so I am going to be really busy. ;)

Alex continues to do lots of good stuff outside the box, the kind of stuff that those absent from games will never be able to appreciate.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 am

As I've said above and in numerous threads, Alex has qualities that can help us win game. The hold up play is essential sometimes. The 2 up front caused all sorts of bother.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies